Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday, Sewing in my sleep,& The McDreamy trifecta

Huh, You say?
Let's start with Black Friday. I have not ventured out with the crazies in YEARS. I'm not sure what came over me this year but I decided that me, the Bumble, and my neice Katie should go shopping at 5:30 am and leave the kids with my mom. For some reason we decided that we would speak with french accents and end every sentence with the word "no". Like this:
"We should go to...how you say...Deeek's Sporting Goods next, no?"
We laughed so hard all morning that our sides hurt more than our feet.
I was also testing good Karma buy donating a dollar here and there and directing people to shorter lines and it paid off big time, I scored the very last of a certain kid's game thing that we waited in line for. Karma, she works, no? OK, I need to stop.
The last store we stopped in was Joann Fabric. They had flannel for 99 cents a yard, I was late getting there but they still had some:
Black Friday Flannel
This brings us to sewing in my sleep, which I will get to after I explain The McDreamy Trifecta. I had mommy guilt after shopping half the day so I thought a matinee was in order. "Enchanted" it was!

It was a cute movie, I recommend it. We came home and I hit the couch with the Tivo remote and watched a recorded Martha Stewart...with Patrick Dempsey and after the kids went to bed we watched Tivo'd Grey's Anatomy from the night before...with Patrick Dempsey...hence the McDreamy Trifecta!
After all that McDreamy I go to sleep and start sewing flannel in my dreams. I have problems, no? I had flannel blankets in mind when I purchased it but I couldn't get the thought of this one and how it would match with Julia's coat out of my head.
cute flannel and fancy stitches
I was right, It matches perfectly.
sewing in my sleep
I whipped up a set including a scarf, mittens and earwarmer headband yesterday morning.
sewing in my sleep sewing in my sleep sewing in my sleep
They are all fleece lined and reversible!

11 comments:

  1. Cozy cute! Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was one of 122 I had to read on my bloglines.
    Yours was my favorite. McDreamy, sewing, and talking in a fake French accent, all of my favorite things! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flannels Carol :D Sounds ilke you had a wonderful time shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Sounds like you had a great weekend. We have just watched Series 5 of Will & Grace. My DD is starting to speak like them.
    Love the winter accessories and fabics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous of your flannel...the lines at ours were soooooo long that I just couldn't wait. The stuff you made for your girl are adorable!

    I just made Ruby a hat & scarf but am afraid to try the mittens. Any tips? :)

    I know I'm a stranger but I just tagged you on my blog, if you feel like playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm playing catch-up on my blog reading as I just returned from our vacation last night.

    I never participate in Black Friday as my only experience in that activity resulted in over-zealous shoppers knocking me over into a china display at Macy's one year and trampling me. Since then I keep my short self away from the frenetic and dangerous day-after Thanksgiving sales.

    Anyway, I have a great fondness for flannel and love your fabric finds. Your resulting projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:37 PM

    they are beautiful! great job! they matches perfectly!

    sandra from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that story about the French accents cracked me up!
    I didn't make it to JoAnn until the 99 cent thing was over, but I did actually have that squirrel print in my hand at the cutting table. I resisted, but now that I've seen what you made...I must go back for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If anyone could sew in their sleep, it is you, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Enchanted. Too sweet. But more importantly - how did you make those mittens? Did you use a pattern or just wing it?

    ReplyDelete