Thursday, October 22, 2015

Bacon Jalapeño Chicken


Grilled chicken season is over at this house, time for some different ideas. I had chicken, bacon, jalapeño and cheddar...it's not going to be a healthy dish, although there is nothing wrong with a little decadence. I think I will make bite size versions of this as an appetizer for the World Series, let's go Mets! Here's what you need:

Chicken breast (cut into 4 lengthwise quarters) 
1/2 jalapeño for each chicken piece 
Bacon, I slice per chicken piece
Seasoning of your choice
Shredded cheese optional
Here's what you do:
Cut up your peppers and chicken. Season the chicken, I used my standard salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, cayenne, paprika, dried parsley. 
Place the pepper on top of the chicken and wrap the bacon tightly around it, making sure the ends are underneath. You can secure with a toothpick if you'd rather not live life on the edge. 

You can get them prepped up to one day ahead, keep covered in the fridge until you are ready to cook. 
In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat, bottom side down first. 

Turning gently after about 5 minutes, the bacon should be getting brown and crisp. Cook another 5 or so minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center. They can be finished in a 400 degree oven if needed. You can top them with shredded cheddar and place under the broiler for a minute. I forgot to do that before I took the picture!
I served them with some roasted asparagus and smashed new potatoes. 

Tip of the month:
You can download all sorts of printable labels on Pinterest. I love storing in jars and I really love these chalkboard looking labels. I just used mod podge to stick them on. Currently, this half shelf is the only organized part of my life. 

On to Crafty business:
I've been working on these vintage animals 

Flannel throws for future gifts
Another baby hat (it will be an owl hat) 
And of course, this pun towel 


No comments: