Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh, that Martha!

She trips me up all the time!
We had a "snow day" yesterday, except by daybreak there wasn't a trace of snow on the ground. It's a hard call to make here on the shoreline. If the wind shifts in the slightest or the temp rises a bit we end up with rain or nothing sometimes. The rest of the state got a good amount of snow. I am not complaining at all. I had a busy weekend at the sewing machine with a box of kleenex.
brown lace oilcloth lunchbag -craft 365-day 4strawberries and green dots oilcloth lunchbag 002vintage rose and green gingham oilcloth lunchbagbig blooms and gingham oilcloth lunchbagpink gingham and fruit oilcloth lunchbag- craft 365- day3vintage rose and red gingham oilcloth lunchbag 002
Anyway, I was looking forward to having one more day off as I was still not feeling great and I had tons of laundry left...there I was moving along quite nicely. I had a plan, I was sticking to it and it looked as if I might even get the bathroom cleaned UNTIL the mail came and delivered "Martha Stewart Living".
*thud*
I put on coffee and forget about any plans for the day.
Look at these cute things!
I had to drop everything and make these
Of course I had to stop everything and get some of these made for Valentine's Day!
I used cotton fabric instead...
I am way too stingy with my wool felt so I used some cotton with a thick interfacing. I was thinking they will make a great 3rd grade valentine this year! Just as I had that thought, I remembered what was on my list of things to do before Martha dropped in unannounced...make a birthday gift for a 3rd grade friend! CRAP! Back to the sewing machine last night
"The 3rd Grade Gift set"
This is "the" gift among the 3rd grade girls. They can't wait till they all have them at the lunch table. I think I have 5 or 6 girls left.
Have a lovely and productive day everyone :)

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your oilcloth lunchbags. They are soso cute.

:)
(the one for the lucky 3rd grader is too, of course.)

kirsten said...

seriously, those bags are really cute - how fun that the girls love them! :)

Joanna said...

Your lunch bags are adorable! I just ran over to heart your etsy for future shopping. And I like your printed fortune cookies better than Martha's :)

Rebekah said...

your lunchbags are so adorable and that's so cool that all the girls want one.

Those fortune cookies are precious!

kelly said...

Found your blog via Flickr... I think I'm going to have to run right out and buy that MSL now. Love, love, LOVE those fortune cookies! Great work!

carlita dee said...

Those bags are "the" gift for anybody! So, so cute. I love your fortune cookies, too.

Hey, I guess we can't knock inspiration. Not even if it means we can't get the bathtub clean. :)

Anonymous said...

More great lunch boxes, I can see all the girls waiting patiently for their own.

forcryeye said...

You are amazing. The girls are so lucky! I must try some material fortune cookies...trouble is, I can't sew...oh, I can sew...the sewing machine won't keep up with me, or stay threaded...ha ha!

Annie Oakleaves said...

gorgeous! i want to be on your valentine list!

Junie Moon said...

I have to run errands today and will stop and pick up the new MS issue as you've shared some enticing ideas from it.

As always, I love your lunch bags and have gone over to Etsy and ordered one. I am envisioning little quiet picnics all on my own in the middle of the day at the park near my house. A book, my lunch, husband at work, and neighbor's kids all in school--oh, what a lovely bit of bliss time for me.

Kelly McCants said...

I have not allowed my self to open the Martha Stewart mag yet. I always get sucked in. I can't wait to make fortune cookies. I will send you a pic!

how many girls are there? that is really cute! you will have to get a photo of them somehow.

; )

qusic said...

opening my favourite quilt magazine-quiltmania, in english too- could be worst case for the laundry, so I easily understand.... the fortune cookies are so cute, and I wanna be a third grader too( yummy lunch bags and so on):-)

debbie said...

I can't wait for a snow day, so I can make some cute stuff too, oh wait, it doesn't snow here! I need a bag too, make me one and I'll pick it up in March. Something retro 50's divaish would be nice

Happy Zombie said...

Your oilcloth bags are so stinkin' cute!!! Hope you're feelin' better soon. :o)

Marietta said...

yeah - you got your machine back!!!!!!!!! i really love the brown lace pattern bag - very cute!

calamitykim said...

I love those fortune cookies! That Martha is a treasure! I will get the new one on Friday- payday! So- did you get a new machine for Christmas? Did you see the Vintage pillowcase challenge with 50 dollah prize money from Handmade Parade? come see my blog. I'd love to see a lunchbag made from that!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, bridal jacket cheap mobile phone. Flower Girls