Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So, I made this cool gift...

and I forgot to take a picture again, DOH!
I have a coworker who just turned 30. She's super-organized, very efficient and sends out greeting cards to all her friends and family (like it's her part-time job) for every holiday. She comes to work with a stack of cards, stamps and corresponding stickers and gets them all mailed out in time. It's very sweet. I was shocked when she told me that she throws out her extra cards and stickers because she doesn't have a system or place to keep them.
Sooooooooo, I found really pretty expandable file boxes at Target and set up the tabs by holiday using some pretty scrapbooking papers and a P-Touch Labeler. I filled it with some stickers, cards, stamps, etc. (pretend you can see a picture)
and also some of these handmade cards (that I did take a picture of)

cards 021808 005
cards 021808 004
I spent my long weekend cleaning my sewing room, it was long overdue and it was all spilling into our bedroom. I have a little more finishing up to do and maybe I'll snap a few pictures.
Have a good day :)

6 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love your gift idea! I have a file box similar to what you're talking about but I didn't make mine (shame on me) and bought it. The thing is that I always forget I have it and end up wasting time and money on new cards. A memory lapse on my part.

Your cards are adorable. I love them!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Love those organisation skills. Love those cards too. We all need this system so we stop going to the shop when we need a card.

qusic said...

those baby cards are so cute, DIY is a great idea,plus being organized better which I still work on.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a thoughtful gift! Sounds like it's perfect for her--you clever gal you! Cute cards!
Smiles, Karen

calamitykim said...

Thats a very nice way to organize her cards! I just keep mine in a shoe box. which I am happy when I find it! teehee!

Kelly McCants said...

what a nice gift you gave your co-worker! I love the hand made cards, your so crafty!