Saturday, January 24, 2015

Snowed in Saturday!

It's no secret, I love to be snowed in with nowhere to go! I don't typically make breakfast for the family because mornings are too crazy but today they get a treat. I am currently obsessed with these fancy parchment cups and lucky for me, my bff at http://wineschool101.blogspot.com/?m=1 , aka "The Ogre", gifted me with a few boxes for Christmas!
So today we have:

Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with paper liners

1.5 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1.5 cups sugar
1tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp each nutmeg and cloves 
1/2 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
And in a smaller bowl mix together
2 eggs
1/4 cup Apple cider
Half can of pumpkin
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Now prepare the topping:
1/2 stick cold butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour. Cut butter in to dry ingredients until it is a coarse crumble. 
Gently fold wet ingredients into dry just until it is incorporated. Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups, sprinkle with topping. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. 

Happy snow day!

No comments: