Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Well it was a cute idea...

I saw a similar potholder on Pinterest

 (the one on the right) so I crocheted a simple square, picked out a super cute fabric, gathered my supplies and I tried it. Binding is my worse sewing subject, so I wasn't really thrilled with the outcome. Then I did what comes naturally, finding a way to avoid binding at all costs and I was so happy. It looked cute, it was way easier, until... I broke 3 heavy duty needles trying to sew thru 90 assorted layers. I never finished quilting it, hence the wonky shape.  I guess I should just learn to be better at binding but for now we need to shovel out the attic. 

No comments: