Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Black Bean Salad


There's an over abundance of soup in the fridge right now so as much as I wanted to make black bean soup I opted for salad. I love how colorful this is, especially because CT is pretty colorless these days.  I'm not missing soup for a minute, this stuff is delicious. Anytime I can use lime and cilantro...it's a good day. 
Black Bean Salad
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed 
1/2 English cucumber seeded and diced
A handful of grape tomatoes halved
4 scallions sliced
A few small sweet red peppers chopped
A bunch of cilantro chopped
2 limes zested and juiced
2tbs olive oil (I used chipotle infused)
1 clove garlic grated 
Salt, pepper, and a pinch of chili powder and cumin
Make a dressing with the lime zest, juice, oil, and seasoning. 

Toss all other Ingredients together with dressing. So simple. 
Refrigerate for an hour 
or so and serve cold. 

Now onto feeding my creative soul! I am addicted to vintage embroidery patterns
And as hard as I try not to go to www.patternbee.com, sometimes I can't help it. So this came in the mail yesterday:
 I started stitching on some gingham last night, these will cloth napkins soon. 
And I also managed to finish this cute towel yesterday

No comments: