Friday, February 06, 2015

DIY Ranch Crackers


Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know I can buy crackers but what fun is that?? So, I had all of those oyster crackers leftover from Chowder Bowl Sunday and although they are good, they're really bland and no one would ever eat them. I was thinking of ways to season them and I remembered the dried buttermilk in my cabinet, ranch seasoning was meant to be. I can't remember what aisle I found it in but I grabbed it because I never have fresh buttermilk on hand and I figured it would come in handy someday.  This isn't really a recipe because I didn't measure anything but here's what I did:
4 packets of dried buttermilk (1/2cup)
A few teaspoons of garlic powder, onion flakes, paprika, cayenne, kosher salt, black pepper, dried parsley. I put it in my little spice grinder and that's it!
You can go in hundreds of directions with this by switching up the spices. 
You can use this for a number of things; dip, burgers, chicken, potatoes, etc. this is what I did:
Ranch Crackers
1 bag of oyster crackers
1/4 cup canola oil 
3 tbs ranch seasoning
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix crackers and oil until coated. Sprinkle the seasoning and mix again. Spread on to a sheet pan and bake until golden, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container. 
New in the shop today:
Fruity Faux Bois lunch bag!

No comments: