Friday, January 26, 2007

"cold" day

No school today! Why? A snow day, you ask? No, there's no school because it's too cold out! It's something like 20 degrees below zero with the wind chill factor. brrrrrrrr. I guess they were afraid that all of the city kids who walk or wait at the bus stop would freeze to death. *shrugs* Whatever, I'll take a "cold" day!
I've been quilting at night this week while catching up on tivo'd recordings of Simply Quilts. Man, are those hard core quilters anal or what?? I know that precision is important but they are militant about quilting! That is exactly why it never interested me before I turned 40. After 40 I became less concerned with the rules and just jumped in and did what I thought would work and you know what? I wish I did it 10 years ago.
Look at these stitches:
ahb-b quilt 004
They are big, unevenly spaced but I love them. I know I will never win a quilting award and that's ok, the recipients of my quilts have yet to complain. There, I'm glad that's out, now I can quilt as I wish without worrying about the quilting police coming after me.
Science Fair update:
not good
This just in- plants don't like sugar water and cold drafty windows!

2 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Those colors work very nicely together.

Unknown said...

Hi
Sorry to bother you but I wanted to know if you used a particular pattern for the amy heather...quilt
Thanks, Denise