Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A much needed mental health day

mental health day 001
I had a real crappy night's sleep and a migraine so I took the day off from my paying job yesterday. It wasn't really a sick day as much as it was a mental health day. It was very therapeutic
Did I curl up on the couch under a quilt with Dr. Phil or Harry Potter?
Nope.

mental health day 002

I actually worked my tail off tackling the laundry mountain and organizing my sewing room for 5 hours BUT it was just what the doctor ordered. The kids were at school so I didn't have to settle arguments, listen to tattling, break up fights all day...that stuff really eats up your time. I love them dearly but I am never free from them, when I am home they are home...all the time...everyday there is at least one of them with me at all times. I needed a day off. I also know my life is out of control when my sewing room is as much of a disaster as the rest of the house. This is MY place that I can control.
Things have been bad.
I need to take a day off every now and then but I need the money so I save my days off for when the kids are sick or have some "teacher in service" day off from school so then I never have a day to myself.
This is a problem.

mental health day 003

hmmmm, I started this post because I felt so much better after my mental health day and now I feel all whiney and pitiful again. I am becoming a terrible bore! Just look at the pretty pictures, I'll snap out of it, I'm pretty sure it's mostly PMS :/

5 comments:

Sarah N. said...

Glad you enjoyed your mental health day! I spent a few minutes last night straightening my sewing room and then finished up a baby quilt top. It felt so good to be in there! Today I have big plans for starting on another baby quilt. We will see!

Love the rolls of lace in the glass jar!

debbie said...

It seems like a good idea to take a day off and just go where the wind blows you. Do it more often!

Junie Moon said...

I agree that mental health days are important and I'm glad you took care of yourself by taking one of these days.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

An organisation day is on the cards for me too. If only to go through the little piles of paperwork I have around the place.
Love what you've done with your lace and scraps.
I must do something like this as I want to make a scrap quilt one day.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I'm glad that you did get a day to yourself--I know I go nuts if I don't get them. It's hard. I'm also glad you got to organize and clean your craft room--it will bring you peace now when you are there (in your sanctuary!) Breathe.
Smiles, Karen