Thursday, October 01, 2015

Sweet Potato Chicken Chili

Switching the chili up a little today. I meant for this to be sweet potato turkey chili but I forgot to buy ground turkey. More often than not I forget the main ingredient when I'm shopping but today  I'm glad I forgot turkey because it was really good with chicken. This dish is so hearty and very filling. 
Sweet Potato Chicken Chili
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut up
1 lg onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
Peppers- sweet and not a whole bunch of them I used 1 cubanelle and a few mini peppers
2 carrots diced
2 celery diced
2 jalapeños diced
1 can crushed tomato
1 box chicken stock
Salt, pepper, cumin, ancho chili powder, cilantro and parsley. 
Sauté veggies (minus potato) in a bit of oil until tender, season and add potatoes. Sauté a minute, add tomato and stock. Bring to a boil, add chicken, reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered for approximately 45 minutes until chili thickens. Add fresh herbs at the end. 

In crafty news:
I'm cranking out more cute baby hats! Crochet is my fall sport. 



No comments: